Pages (Click Here to Visit)

Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy New Year!!





Happy New Year to all of our wonderful crafty followers over here at Scrapbookit, I hope 2018 brings you all happiness, good health and exciting new adventures. AND lots of more time to craft and get those memories down on paper.
This month the design team are having a much needed month off challenges but we will still be
on here posting some of our favourite layouts that we have done over the year as well as some new layouts that we have been enjoying working on over the holidays.
This morning I spent some time going over my challenge layouts for the past year and I have chosen my two absolute favourites to share with you all again.





The first Layout I have chosen as my favourite is this one which was my first blog post for 2017. It was a great challenge that was set by Mel, we had a mood board to follow and to get inspiration from. I chose this layout as one of my favourites because of the colours and the mixed media elements that I added. I used a lot of Gesso, different coloured sprays, feathers, tassels and fussy cut flowers..
I also added some colour blast colour paste and some sequins and buttons.
This layout was extremely busy but I was extremely happy with the way it all turned out in the end!


A few close ups!




My second favourite layout that I had completed during 2017 was this one called I Love to Create. It is a total coincidence that both these layouts contain photo's of myself because as a general rule most of my layouts are of the kids and not myself, anyway I think it can be a good thing that we actually do take the time to scrap photos of ourselves from time to time.
This Layout was done in May of 2017, it was from a challenge that I had made up which was to follow the mood board, include one of the quotes, a mixed media element and also to include a photo of yourself. This is my Layout.




I used some paper from the photo play paper range which I really loved and found it extremely easy to work with, I added some colour blast paste in the bling as well as adding some to a chipboard.
I used a lot of the stickers from the sticker sheet as well as a lot of different patterned papers.
I think this is just a really fun layout that I had a lot of fun doing.



This month I am hoping to get a lot of scrapping done while the kids are on holidays, I will be posting some of these layouts on the blog as well as on our Facebook page and the Scrapbookit facebook community page so make sure to check these pages over the month.
I will also be doing a post later in the month with some of my favourite layouts of  Jo and Mel's over the past year as well.
I hope you are all having a nice relaxing day on the couch or enjoying some time scrapping.
Happy New Year!!
Jane xxx







2 comments:

We love your feedback so stay and say g'day