Pages (Click Here to Visit)

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

I believe…

Good morning everyone and thanks for stopping by here at Scrapbookit!
So glad that you could join us this month.

Jane has set a fantastic challenge this month…whilst I was quite daunted at the beginning I seemed to cover all of the aspects easily in the end. Thanks heaps to Jane for challenging my thinking and providing a challenge that moves beyond the normal challenges that we are all used to.

The aspects of the challenge are as follows:

1. Use the mood board as inspiration

Mood Board

Prompts

2. Use a photo of yourself or at least a photo with you in it
3. Include a mixed media element

4. Include one of the prompts


Jo has sent me a gorgeous Simple Stories collection to work with this month. It is the gorgeous recent collection ‘Faith’  

Simple Stories - Faith

When I first received it I started imagining layouts using the trillions of photos that I had of Baptisms and other religious sacraments over the years. I was so excited! It is very rare to find gorgeous, religious themed papers.

Here is what I have created…

This layout uses photos from my son’s Confirmation Day and I obviously appear in two of the three photos (one of this month's requirements).

A great thing about this paper collection is that there are so many journalling cards and other elements that you can use to create your projects. My background paper is the  ‘Charity’ page however, the flowers in the bottom corner did not suit the theme of my layout. So, I used some of the 4x6 Horizontal Elements to create a ‘cover up’ I suppose. There were two Faith, Hope and Love and Believe that suited the background perfectly.

For this challenge, the Mood Board is to provide inspiration. I have done this in a few ways…some a little far fetched. Firstly, I have used some of the pastel colours found in this board (well, as best as I could). I used a tag in my layout which is featured on the board. I have used the feathers as a representation of the feathers on the ends of the sticks and finally I included the quote ‘ Focus on what is important to You’ - this quote is a little bit of my life motto at the moment.


My mixed media element is the use of one of the Kaisercraft Designer Templates - Grunge. Whilst this layout is not a ‘grungy’ layout, I thought that this template worked well with the cross pattern for my background. I have mixed some Gel Medium and Colour Blast Shimmer Dust - Navy to use with the template. 

I then splattered some Distress Spray Stain - Tarnished Brass in the background. 




I decided to use the prompt ‘I Believe…’ on my layout for two reasons. The first because the quote from the mood board is definitely something that I believe in and secondly to relate to the religious aspect of the layout. 
For the letter ‘i’ I used a Doodlebug - Loopy Lou Cardstock Sticker from my collection. I altered the colour of this to suit the layout using the VersaMark Chalk Ink - Night Sky. I found that I had to spray a small amount of hairspray over this to set the colour.

I have added some cute little Kaisercraft - Wooden Flourishes - Heart Buttons to the layout, which I have painted with the Distress Spray Stain - Tarnished Brass. I have included one on the journalling tag. I made this tag using some Mosaic Moments - Navy cardstock and a 3x4 Journalling Card Element, which I have journaled on.





I have finished the layout with a few heart stickers and other sticker elements from the Faith Collection. I have used some Dimensional Magic on the hearts to highlight them.


Thank you Jane for a great challenge. Make sure you show Jane how much you love her challenge by joining in this month. You may also have the chance of winning a pack from Scrapbookit.

Remember, you can share your creations on our blog using the Inlinkz linkup, you can share them on our Facebook page (@scrapbookitshop) or by emailing them to joanne@scrapbookit.com.au

Be sure to pop back over the rest of the month to see what else Jo and Jane have created.


I look forward to also seeing what you come up with for this months challenge. Remember entries close May 30.

xMel










2 comments:

  1. Just Gorgeous Mel! Omg that paper, in love it...
    awesome layout mel..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fantastic layout Mel, love the finished product xx

    ReplyDelete

We love your feedback so stay and say g'day