Pages (Click Here to Visit)

Saturday, March 10, 2018

A Big ♡ For Adventure!

Welcome to Saturday!
Happy Long Weekend to those of you in Victoria!

Today I am here to share with you my interpretation of Jane's awesome challenge for this month at Scrapbookit!

The challenge requirements are:

*Use circles, hearts, rectangles and triangles on your layout, card or journal page.

*Make reference to a shape in your title ie, Circle of Life, Follow Your Heart, You're A Star etc

*Include on your layout, card or journal page a technique OR product that you have never tried or used before.

What a great list of requirements and so many things that you can do, so many ways to cover off the requirements of the challenge!

And you know the best thing...you could be the lucky winner of an awesome Scrapbookit prize! A $30 voucher in fact!!!!!

For those of you who know me...you may be aware that I have been struggling with reviving my mojo! This is what happens when you step away from your craft room for several weeks in a row...I was overseas which was amazing...but I definitely lost my mojo :(

The first decision I had to make when working on this project was what technique or product I would feature that I have never tried or used before.
I decided in the end to go with the plastic packaging technique (I'm not sure that it has an official name) to create a background.
This took a few attempts...as you can see.


My background turned out like this...


To create this background I used a plastic package, sprayed a colour onto the plastic and then turned it over onto the cardstock and moved the colour around using my fingers.
I started with the Colour Blast Colour Spray - Saffron, I also used Dylusions Spray - Periwinkle Blue. 
I decided to see if I could get the same effect using Colour Blast Shimmer Cube - Tangareen Dream. I loved how it gave a subtle shimmer to the layout.
I then added some Colour Blast Colour Spray - Coffee using the same plastic packaging technique.

I then used a piece of cheesecloth/gauze and some Heidi Swapp Colour Shine - Navy to add small amounts of what turned out to be a grey colour.

Here are a few close ups...you can just see the print of the cheesecloth.


I then splattered a small amount of Dylusions Black Marble Spray.


Once dried, I used some of the papers from my Photo Play kit this month called Freestyle.
This is what I finished up with.


I have incorporated the shape part of the challenge with black paint and the Kaisercraft Mini Template Splatter for the large circles in the background. I have arranged my photos and papers in rectangle shapes. I have used triangles from the sticker element sheet from the Freestyle kit and have used a Kaisercraft Template - Quarters and my fineliner.
I have only one heart which I have cut out of black felt.

Some more close ups...

I have used the word 'amazing' from the sticker element sheet from the Photoplay Freestyle kit.
I have also used some cut out words from my photos, including the Skyline Luge Sentosa logo.



I finished with my title which I have created using the Kaisercraft Dymo Alpha Stickers in both Black and White and the word adventure from the Echo Pack Dream Vacation Stencil.


I am so happy with this layout...and I feel like I have a little of my mojo back!

Head to Scrapbookit Shop to grab some of these awesome items...the Photo Play Freestyle kit is a great boy collection!! 

Why not spend this weekend getting creative with Jane's awesome challenge??

We can't wait to see what you come up with...add your entry to our Facebook page, the blog or email it to Jo at joannecaird@gmail.com.

Melx

1 comment:

  1. Good idea. Thanks for it. If you want to complete your next adventure successfully, you need to take best idea and adventure products. Here https://nomvdist.com/portable-power-supply-reviews/ you can get them.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete

We love your feedback so stay and say g'day