Pages (Click Here to Visit)

Saturday, July 1, 2017

Welcome to July!


Hello!
Welcome to July and a brand new month and challenge here at Scrapbookit!
I am so excited for this months challenge and I hope you will be too!
So let's not waste any more time and hop to it...

Our challenge theme this month is...

1. Create a project following the 'Christmas' theme and include the following as part of your project...

2. Use the sketch (below). 
Thank you to Susan Stringfellow for allowing us to use her sketch for this challenge.


3. Letter Challenge
*Include 3 elements in your project that start with the letter C....this could be a product, the title, colour, technique etc.

Here is what I came up with...


As you can see my project is a Christmas themed layout, I have used the sketch (my layout is pretty true to the sketch) and my 3 elements beginning with C are: my title starts with C - Christmas Memories; I have used many ColourBlast Products and I have used the colour Cream!

I started with a piece of kraft cardstock and decided to create a mixed media background. I made a mess...but a very pretty one! It was lots of fun!


As you may be aware my favourite product at the moment is Colour Blast. I love all of the products but particularly I adore the Colour Shimmer Cube - Watercolours!
Onto the kraft cardstock I added some of the Bling Colour Shimmer Cube - Watercolour. You can't really see this gorgeous colour in the photo.

Then I added some of the Colour Blast - Fire Engine Colour Paste in random places around the background.

To make the cream coloured Gesso I added in some skin tone acrylic paint to my heavy gesso. After drying the colour paste I added the gesso in random places around the background.

I then altered some of the Colour Blast Colour Pastes - Fire Engine and Envy with some heavy gesso to lighten them. I used the Kaisercraft Mini Designer Template - Rising Bubbles and these colours to add some dimension into the background. Once dry I spread some Metallic Gilding Wax - Golden Light and Vintage Berry over the bubbles.


Once dry, I used some Grey Flannel Versamark ink and the Kaisercraft Clear Stamp - Music Script and randomly stamped in the background. I finished the background off with some of the gorgeous Fire Engine Colour Shimmer Cube - Watercolour to add some 'bling' to the background.


Now it was time to add some papers and other collectables to create and finalise the layout. I have been lucky this month to have used the 'Prima - Sweet Peppermint' Paper Collection. It is such a gorgeous range for all those Christmas photos! I have inked all the papers with a Encore! Gold Ultimate Metallic Ink.


I have created a circular shape using cream twine and have embellished using some of the collectables included with the paper collection, cream cotton, a gold wire star and some cream ribbon.


I used the Tim Holtz template - Arrows to create the arrows on this layout. For the colour I added some ColourBlast Shimmer Dust - Candy and the Fire Engine ColourBlast Colour Paste.

To enter our monthly challenge and have a chance of winning a gift pack, you can...
1. Enter your project on our Facebook page;
or
2. Send an email to Jo (joanne@scrapbookit.com.au)
or
3. Link your project in the sidebar using the Inlinkz linkup.

Entries are due by...July 31st, 2017.

We can't wait for you to bring a little Christmas to our challenge!!
Mel x


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay now I have caught my breathe, I wanted to let you know Mel that I think this LO is awesome. I'm loving all the different elements you have added. Thanks for sharing a great challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete

We love your feedback so stay and say g'day