Pages (Click Here to Visit)

Friday, March 25, 2016

Another from Magnolia Lane

Good morning Everyone!

I'm back again to share with you another project using the gorgeous Magnolia Lane collection.

Just a quick post this morning, today is Good Friday and I have a busy Easter weekend ahead...as I am sure that you do!

For this post I have created a framed piece. 
One of my favourite gifts to give is a framed paper craft item. I have created this one with my Nan in mind. I have used a decorative frame from the Reject Shop.

Here is my project...


Materials I have used:
Magnolia Lane Paper Collection - Ultimate Crafts; Gesso; Kaisercraft Stamps -  Honeycomb, Script   and Windsor; Faber Castell Gelatos; Kaiser Mists - Charcoal, Winter Grey and Candy; Archival Ink - Black.

I started with a piece of the gorgeous paper from Magnolia Lane.
I cut it to size making sure that I took notice of what elements I wanted in my corner...how gorgeous is that bird cage feature.

I used gesso, stamps, mists, my gelatos as watercolours, stamps and inks to create a very mixed media looking background.

I then fussy cut some butterflies and some flowers from the paper collection to create the clusters at the bottom and in the top left corner.

I have used one of the quote cards from the paper collection and instead of using it as a whole block I have cut the words up.

Something very simple and very pink (for those that know me well I have defied the odds of creating more pink projects!) but I just love how it all turned out.

I hope that the Easter Bunny is good to you on Sunday and that he brings lots of yummy eggs!
I'm hoping to get some creative time in over the weekend - I hope you are too...you still have time to enter our challenge using this gorgeous mood board and the word Cherish.


Happy Easter!
Melx


4 comments:

We love your feedback so stay and say g'day