Pages (Click Here to Visit)

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Silver Bells - A Touch of Christmas!

How scary is this???
It is September!!!!!

I can't believe it! The first day of September, where has this year gone?

This month I am here to share with you the gorgeous Kaisercraft Silver Bells collection.
A very different Christmas collection that I have enjoyed using.

This month our challenge is purely one word ~ Christmas.
All you need to do is create a project with the Christmas theme.

You will fall over (again!) but yes I have made a collection of cards to begin this Christmas themed challenge.

Whilst at the Kaisercraft Retailers Days Kylie Obst shared some cards with us using this range. Whilst some of these cards I have made as per her class, others I have fiddled with to make my own version.

The first card I have left without a sentiment because I will wait until I have an occasion to use it....it could be for Christmas but I like to think that it may be better for a birthday card!



The next two are tag cards. We cut a Kaiser Card in half to create these cute little cards.
You can create any decorative edge to dress the cards up. I just used some of the die cut borders from the paper pad but you could also use a punch.


Here are the rest of my cards...





How gorgeous are those foil based feature papers? They enhance that Christmas feel.


This month I decided to do something a little different to add to my cards. I decided to be a little creative and make a Christmas canvas.

Here is my canvas...


I started with a blank canvas and used my Gelatos to create the background by colouring and blending with water.

I then used some Gel Medium and created a pattern that is almost like shattered glass. This was a template that I had in my collection. I loved how this turned out.
I have used some older Kaisercraft Clear Stamps as well as some others I had in my collection to randomly stamp images. As you can see I didn't really mind that they didn't all stamp perfectly.


I then used some of the Silver Bells collection and layered to create the 
feature in the centre of the canvas.


Part of this was using an old Christmas Tree clear stamp I had in my collection. I stamped this onto the Silver Bells patterned paper and used it as a little feature.

I fussy cut some of the gorgeous foil embossed baubles out and layered them alongside the tree - they are so pretty!
And of course some bling to hang them with.







The doily I have changed the colour of using my 
Metallic Silver Gelato ~ just like a crayon.


The 'Merry Christmas' is one of the Kaisercraft 'Merry Christmas' Clear Acetate Stickers.
These are great...especially for card making.


Well, that is all I have to share with you today.

I hope that I have inspired you to join in with our monthly challenge this month. 
Who knows you could be the winner of the awesome Scrapbookit prize pack?
Even better you have made a start to Christmas...less than 4 months to go now!!!!!

Make sure you pop back in over the coming weeks to see what else we have to share with you...I believe a Guest Designer is making an appearance this month!

Until my next post,

Happy Scrapping!

Melx


1 comment:

  1. Your cards are all fantastic Mel!! And I especially love your canvas. The background is very cool!! xx

    ReplyDelete

We love your feedback so stay and say g'day